Tuesday 30 April 2013
Thursday 25 April 2013
Today we've been mostly painting the floor of the racking area to enable us to get it kitted out, plus Gazza has been getting fluorescent orange paint over everything in a poor attempt to paint the safety railings to the extent he was mistaken for that orange bloke off that tedious antique programme....
Dai the electrician has been wiring up our pumps with fancy buttons and suchlike; it looks like Thornbridge in Hopcraft towers now such is the multitude of buttons and displays!
We've had a slight setback with our gas burners but are confident we can sort it out this week, meaning a brew next week is still a possibility!
Monday 22 April 2013
|Gas burners and chimney bricks... what's not to like?|
Saturday 20 April 2013
|Gazza with a rather large spanner.|
|Arty or what?|
More fascinating brewing-type stuff next week...
Friday 19 April 2013
Tuesday 16 April 2013
|Gazza takes the final tour round... practice makes imperfect!|
|"See this, right? This is a big steel bath..."|
|Tom explaining our elaborate copper lid.|
Monday 15 April 2013
- We hosted our first "open day" (the R.A.T.S),
- The Stainless Steel pipework is now complete and looking fantastic thanks to AJP Process Pipework / AB Stainless of Hereford - highly recommended,
- The copper now has it's gas burners fitted and is ready for testing,
- The HLT has been fitted with sockets ready for the immersion heaters,
- We've tidied up! (see photos below...),
- The Temperature control panels have been fitted to the FVs,
- FVs 1, 2 and 3 are now ready for use with new pipework and have been cleaned, FV4 is an ongoing project as it needs a thorough scrub and some "floor rejigging"...
- The pipework and pumps have been tested with only one problem - the heat exchanger needs new gaskets so these are in process of being ordered. The Lowara vertical pumps are amazing, totally over-specified for what we want but we love 'em!,
- The conditioning room is almost complete,
- The reception / tour area has been built with a window looking into the conditioning room (we really must clean those tanks now...),
- We have a CIP sprayball, cask filler and various adapters/reducers/hoses ready to go.
|Gazza takes the RATS around the brewery.|
|Mrs Mop cleaning the Heat Exchanger!|
|The finished pipework during a water test|
Thursday 11 April 2013
|The new cask filler|
|The very phallic-looking CIP sprayball. Honestly, it is.|
Friday 5 April 2013